Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Poetry
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Poetry page.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|This subject is featured in the Outline of poetry, which is incomplete and needs further development.|
|WikiProject Poetry||(Rated NA-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
I've made a comment at Wikipedia talk:Notability (people)#Creative professionals guidelines pertaining to notability criteria for writers. I think members of this project (particularly those interested in contemporary poetry and living poets) could bring valuable perspectives to the discussion. Cynwolfe (talk)
I have recently completely revised the article on the early modern English poet, playwright and historian Samuel Daniel. The old one was both incomplete and inaccurate. For anyone interested, I would greatly appreciate if you would review it and offer feedback. This is my first time editing a Wikipedia article, so I am very open to suggestions, corrections, etc. After I am happy with this one, I also intend to write separate articles on Daniel's major works and lobby to get those added to Wikipedia (currently there's only one on Musophilus and it is needs serious revision as well). — Preceding unsigned comment added by Musophilus (talk • contribs) 13:39, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- I'm so sorry for not responding sooner but I wanted to say: After a couple casual scrolls through the article, I think it is in fantastic shape. I'm not an expert in the area so I can't offer more specific commentary but just a general line of encouragement. Keep up the good work. --Midnightdreary (talk) 14:21, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
"Song of Innocence"
Why is "Song of Innocence" listed under Featured Articles in WikiProject Poetry? It's about a jazz album. Would the connection to Blake's "Songs of Innocence" be enough to justify the listing? Heilprin (talk) 19:46, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- It should only be included if the article is part of the Wikiproject. If it's not, it would not qualify to be among the listings. --Midnightdreary (talk) 21:48, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
- It's listed under Wikipedia:WikiProject Poetry/William Blake because of its strong connection to Songs of Innocence and Experience. That subgroup/task force does not appear particularly active, for what it's worth. czar 02:29, 7 August 2021 (UTC)
About Category:Poets from Sicily
Is there any reason why Category:Poets from Sicily only includes certain languages? I don't see why it should exclude Greek or Latin poets. Theocritus should probably be in this category, and even if we exclude Magna Graecia I think including people like Antonio Beccadelli who wrote in Latin, would be useful. --Yellow Diamond Δ Direct Line to the Diamonds 03:58, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
FAR for James Joyce
User:Buidhe has nominated James Joyce for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. (t · c) buidhe 21:21, 30 August 2021 (UTC)
Bio Poem is a technique of writing biography in poetry form. I mean biographies which are written like a poem is called bio poem so please publish this page. 2401:4900:51DA:F5EB:6433:25E8:33BE:A5F3 (talk) 09:25, 13 October 2021 (UTC)
- I've done a little looking, and there is some evidence that a "bio poem" is a recognized term for a category of writing, so maybe an article by that name could be written. However, what I find are bio poems as teaching exercises, as in this 2001 book and this 2003 exercise. This article (which is not a reliable source) is a free-to-access example of the kind of thing I am finding. However, the first bio poem was not a 2019 book, and the draft you have linked is not a useful introduction to bio poems, especially since it does not draw on WP:RELIABLE sources. If you are truly interested in bio poems, you will need to look in places where people talk about teaching, to find reliable sources which write about when, how, and why teachers started using "bio poem" class exercises.
- I suspect you are actually interested in making an article about the book A Peerless Gem. That is not a good idea, since a book should only be on Wikipedia if it meets one of the criteria defined at WP:BOOKCRIT, and I can't find even one review of this book. Also, creating a new article is one of the hardest things to do on wikipedia, and isn't a good idea until after you've done a lot of other editing.
- If you are interested in poetry on wikipedia, I suggest that you think about your favourite thing you read in school, find the wikipedia page which should already exist for that poem, and see how you can improve it. I would be very happy to help you learn how to make useful edits on any existing article, and can answer questions here or on my talk page. ~ L 🌸 (talk) 05:59, 15 October 2021 (UTC)